Pronunciation


 1
 Pronunciation  
  unstressed words  
We stress ‘he’s’, ‘gone’, ‘out’ and ‘dinner’.  The ‘to’ is unstressed.  When we link „out‟ (which is stressed) and „to‟ (which is unstressed), the final /t/ sound in „out‟ is held slightly longer.  “He‟s gone out to dinner.”          
 around them
/d/, / : /th/.      
pronunciation
He‟s gone out to dinner.
„I want to
+
consonant and similar consonant linking.
 
 2  
 
would have been fantastic would have    
 
he’, ‘her’, ‘him’ and ‘his    
„have‟, „had‟ and „has‟.
they have  Because Gerry stressed the auxiliary verb ‘have’ the /h/ sound is pronounced.      
Vowel + consonant linking.
/h/
I think he’s in a meeting
pronouns
auxiliary verbs
“What did you send her?”
 3                                
„send er‟
I told them not to be late
consonant  and same consonant linking
want to consonant  similar consonant linking  ‘around them’.  pronunciation of the initial  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The girl with no friends

Smoking

Conceit