Contraction


 1
 Contraction    
Don’t – wasn’t – wouldn't The whale sharks don’t actually seem to mind interaction with them and certainly if it wasn’t for them being out here we wouldn’t have the amount of knowledge that we do about them .          
You’ve  ( you have ) They’re ( they are )        
I’m We’re I’ve
Don’t ( do not )
Wasn’t ( was not )
Wouldn’t ( would not )  
Verb + not
Pronouns + to have  
Pronouns + to be
My brothers studying ( my brother is studying )  Who’s going out tonight ?( who is going out tonight ?)  There’s our bus ( there is our bus )  
 2            
He’s sick . Yes I know he is .
I’m hurt No you aren't             
Stressed Nouns
Main verbs
Negatives
My brother’s  studying
If it wasn’t for them
We wouldn’t have
Not stressed Pronouns
Auxiliary words
When you’ve got boats here
They’re out here every day
Countable nouns
People , a teacher , a cock , a swimmer  Animals , a dog , a cat , a whale shark  Plants , a lily , a bush , a tree  Objects , a chair , a table , a boat  Units of measurement , a litre , a dollar , a cup
 3
Knowledge - uncountable noun          
Chair – chairs – countable noun I would like to buy three chairs Furniture – uncountable noun      
A cup of tea  A loaf of breads  A degree of happiness  A measure of luck  A gust of wind   Different types of contractions   Countable and uncountable nouns    
Languages , Chinese , Japanese , German  Emotions , happiness , sadness , anger  Ideas , intelligence , luck , knowledge  Substances , materials air , oil , rice
Countable nouns  Singular our plural
Uncountable nouns Only One form  
I would like to buy all that furniture  
An amount of knowledge
uncountable nouns

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The girl with no friends

Smoking

Conceit